Worship Christ

 Now to which of the angels has He ever said:
Sit at My right hand
until I make Your enemies Your footstool?
Are they not all ministering spirits sent out
to serve those who are going to inherit salvation?

I tried to put my scheduled post together and found myself unable to do so. The intensity of the valley experience with my friend is demanding. Once I meet the next deadline there will be some sense of relief. For now I seek refuge in worship.

At the end of our last chapter (chapter eight) in Andrew Murray’s The Holiest of All, he left us with this parting thought:

God is the incomprehensible One. In all thy thoughts of Him, in all thy efforts to know Him as revealed in Christ, remember the true knowledge of God is something above sense and reason. As the light reveals itself to the open eye that has been created for it, God reveals Himself to the longing heart.

All the teaching of angels and prophets, of the words and the truths of the Bible, can but point the way: let God in Christ speak in thy heart. Then shalt thou know Him. Bow in adoring awe, and worship Christ. Let all His saints worship Him. It is worship, not study [that] will prepare us to know Christ.

In our next chapter, He closes with a reference to one of my favorite segments of scripture on worship. Until next time I leave you to ponder Revelation 5:11-14 (HCSB):

Angels Exalt the Lamb

Then I looked, and I heard the voice of many angels around the throne and the living creatures and the elders; and the number of them was myriads of myriads, and thousands of thousands, saying with a loud voice, “Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power and riches and wisdom and might and honor and glory and blessing.”

And every created thing which is in heaven and on the earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all things in them, I heard saying, “To Him who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb, be blessing and honor and glory and dominion forever and ever.”

And the four living creatures kept saying, “Amen.” And the elders fell down and worshiped.

Selah.