Released Into Fruitfulness

“And where the Spirit of the Lord is - Wherever this Gospel is received, there the Spirit of the Lord is given; and wherever that Spirit lives and works, there is liberty, not only from Jewish bondage, but from the slavery of sin - from its power, its guilt, and its pollution.” Clarke's Commentary on the Bible

Wow. I never imagined that going back through the beginnings of this journey would be so moving. My first impression is how much my writing has improved. Since one of my goals for this blog was to develop my writing skills, I am thankful for progress.

The opening statement for my mission was simply this definition given for freedom in The Spirit Filled Life Bible:

It is God’s desire to enter every aspect of a person’s life and fill it with Himself. A person is sanctified when he commits every aspect of his life exclusively to Jesus. A person who is sanctified by God’s Holy Spirit is set free at the deepest dimensions of his life and is released into fruitfulness.

Of course the main objective was to first define freedom in Christ and then to set out to attain it. Do you remember some of the questions I posed at the beginning?

Is there anything we can do to speed up the process?

Will it be painful?

I believe the answer to both of these questions is a resounding “yes.” I do believe we can speed up the process through deliberate bible study and prayer, and it will definitely involve painful changes in our mind, will, and emotions.

I also believe the level of difficulty depends on how much bondage to sin we find ourselves in, and just how much “its power, guilt, and pollution” have infected our very lives.

However, we can be confident that we have no reason to fear. The temporary pain we experience while God is purifying our souls cannot even begin to compare with the peace of heart and liberty that will follow.

I am adopting some new worship songs for our continuing march to freedom. This one is titled Whom Shall I Fear:




Whom Shall I fear
Chris Tomlin
Lyrics

You hear me when I call
You are my morning song
Though darkness fills the night
It cannot hide the Light
Whom shall I fear

You crush the enemy
Underneath my feet
You are my Sword and Shield
Though troubles linger still
Whom shall I fear

I know who goes before me
I know who stands behind
The God of angel armies
Is always by my side
The one who reigns forever
He is a friend of mine
The God of angel armies
Is always by my side

My strength is in Your name
For You alone can save
You will deliver me
Yours is the victory
Whom shall I fear
Whom shall I fear

I know who goes before me
I know who stands behind
The God of angel armies
Is always by my side
The One who reigns forever
He is a friend of mine
The God of angel armies
Is always by my side

And nothing formed against me shall stand
You hold the whole world in your hand
I'm holding on to your promises
You are faithful
You are faithful

Nothing formed against me shall stand
You hold the whole world in Your hand
I am holding on to Your promises
You are faithful
You are faithful
You are faithful

I know who goes before me
I know who stands behind
The God of angel armies
Is always by my side

I know who goes before me
I know who stands behind
The God of angel armies
Is always by my side
The One who reigns forever
He is a friend of mine
The God of angel armies
Is always by my side 

The God of angel armies
Is always by my side