The Cross Of Christ


The depth of the mystery of the sacrifice of Christ, we cannot dive into, the height we cannot comprehend. We cannot search out the greatness of it, or the wisdom, the love, the grace that is in it. But in considering the sacrifice of Christ, faith finds life, food, and refreshment. Matthew Henry

The Word of God has been an instrument of healing to me in more ways than I can count, and much of it can be attributed to my Bible study for the writing of this blog.

What I have had to press through in hardship to bring this study to life could never be expressed in words. However, I have never stopped believing that God, through His Word, had everything I could possibly need for life. And not just life, but life abundant (John 10:10).

I have invested much time and energy studying the Passover and the blood of Christ. This study has shaken me to my very core, in a good way. At times, I find myself weeping for no reason. Now, somehow I am changing. I see myself growing stronger physically and spiritually and more confident in Christ.

One of the reasons I wanted to cover the subject of the cross [the death and resurrection of Christ] is because when I accepted Christ, no one explained the elemental teachings of the gospel; therefore, my foundation was weak and full of gaping holes.

However, I was never strong enough to attempt to fully understand and appreciate the subject until now. I am convinced more than ever that this issue is one of the biggest reasons I have struggled to find freedom for so many years.

Admittedly, I am in over my head theologically. I am seeking counsel on how to write my page on salvation. Maybe I can even get someone to write it for me because, for the life of me, I cannot find one clear, concise, compelling commentary that answers all of the questions I presented.

My prayer is that God’s leading in my studies will be used to bring mercy and truth to others who may be lacking in the fullness of all that Christ died for us to have.

For Christ (the Messiah) sent me out not to baptize but [to evangelize by] preaching the glad tidings (the Gospel), and that not with verbal eloquence, lest the cross of Christ should be deprived of force and emptied of its power and rendered vain (fruitless, void of value, and of no effect).

For the story and message of the cross is sheer absurdity and folly to those who are perishing and on their way to perdition, but to us who are being saved it is the [manifestation of] the power of God. 1 Corinthians 1:17-18, Amplified Bible

Selah.