Set Your Mind On The Spirit

“For those who live according to the flesh think about the things of the flesh, 
but those who live according to the Spirit, about the things of the Spirit.”

This is one of the commentaries that inspired me to start this blog. It is from the Spirit Filled Life Student Bible:

The secret of the overcoming Christian life is to keep your mind on the things of the Spirit and to keep your mind off the things of the flesh. The flesh is always shouting, Feed Me! Feed Me!” and it wants its daily diet of anger, lust, strife, jealousy, intrigue, gossip, moodiness, and so on.

Instead, we should spend our time focusing on the Word of God and setting our minds on the Spirit. If we stop feeding the flesh by constantly meditating on and thinking about what the flesh wants, we can be set free from it.

Any counselor will tell you that a person cannot control his impulses for very long in his own willpower. Only by turning the heart’s focus to God will the person transform and therefore will the behavior change. The freedom is found in the submission [obedience, surrender, giving in] to God and His Word.

The following song is one of my favorites from Chris Tomlin. I dare you to get alone with God, turn it up a little (or a lot) and step onto the dance floor. You can feel the freedom. 


God’s Great Dance Floor
by Chris Tomlin
Lyrics

I'm coming back to the start
where You found me
I'm coming back to Your heart
now I surrender
take me
this is all I can bring

I'm coming back to the start
our God is freedom
and here we feel Your heart
Your heart beat for us
take me
this is all I can bring

Chorus:
You'll never stop loving us
no matter how far we run
You'll never give up on us
all of heaven is shouting
let the future begin
let the future begin

take me
this is all I can bring
You'll never stop loving us
no matter how far we run
You'll never give up on us
all of heaven is shouting
let the future begin

I feel alive
I come alive
I am alive on Gods great dance floor
I feel alive
I come alive
I am alive on God's great dance floor

I feel alive
I come alive
I am alive on God's great dance floor
I feel alive
I come alive
I am alive on God's great dance floor

I feel alive
I come alive
I am alive on God's great dance floor